Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE GOD POEM

The green and shadowed places are the places I call home.
The wide open spaces are the spaces where I roam.
I live in every creature and I fly on every wing
And when the sun arises you can know 'tis I the King.

I am Lord of the Forest, I'm the Leaper in the Corn,
I'm the wild, leafy Greenman, and the sound of Robin's horn.
I'm born in every inhale, every exhale's my last breath.
I'm every point upon the wheel that spins through life and death.

Call to me I'll answer, hear me in the dawn
Feel me in your heartbeat, see me in the dappled fawn.
So play and run and laugh with me, what is there to mourn?
Every time I die, I get to be reborn!

Come take my hand and don't let go -- C'mon this is your chance!
Life is not a battle, life is a great dance!
And if you are not ready, well that is alright too.
I have all eternity and I can wait for you.

But know if you're intent on taking life so seriously
You're only calling out to the trickster side of me!
Your cage I'll surely rattle, I will rage 'round like a storm
Until, in your surrender, your heart begins to warm

And thus abandon hopelessness to embrace utter joy.
After all, I am the God! I don't need to be coy!
And one day you will meet me behind my masked disguise
When you look deeply enough into your own eyes.

~June 27, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment