Friday, February 25, 2011

(IT LOOKS LIKE) I'M GONNA BE BLUE

1. I sit alone tonight in the company of the moon
I ask the question of her 'How long or how soon?'
Her face reflects without answer in the pool of tears I've cried
Wishing you could be right back here lying by my side

C. 'Cuz I get so lonely sometimes it's all that I can do
To keep myself from goin' crazy for want and need of you
It's only the thoughts of your love that finally get me thru
'Til we're again together it looks like I'm gonna be blue
'Til we're again together it looks like I'm gonna be blue
It looks like I'm gonna be blue

2. A question soars on the wings of the hoot owl's nocturnal flight
"You," the answer that I give him brightens up the night
You're the one I share my love with, one life and one heart
That's the reason I feel so broken when we've got to be apart

I sit alone tonight in the company of the moon~

~May 29, 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment