Saturday, January 29, 2011

TEENAGE URBAN COWBOY BLUES

1) I live through life with people who think that I am strange
Just because I'm different and 'cause I'll never change
They just don't understand me and that's what makes me blue
I'm just a lonesome cowboy with a different point of view

C) These Teenage Urban Cowboy Blues
I wear boots instead of shoes
It ain't easy win or lose
To sing these Teenage Urban Cowboy Blues

2) They say I'm s'pose to listen to this junk that they call rock
Just because I'm 18 I should follow the flock
Well, I ain't gonna do it and that's what makes me cry
I'm just a lonesome cowboy who is trying to get by

3) Why I'd rather go to Nashville or watch a country show
Is something that they will never, ever know
They just don't understand me and that's what makes me sad
I'm just a lonesome cowboy grasping all I've ever had

~February 11, 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment