Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ICARUS HEART

My heart, it was a replica
A waxen, life-like thing
A multi-colored beauty,
With feathers glistening.

And with it I could soar so high
I forgot it wasn't real
Until I felt a glow inside;
Warmth I began to feel.

Was it your beaming smile
Or the glimmer in your eyes?
Something made the sun within
My True heart start to rise.

But it was in this gath'ring light
I fear my doom was dealt.
My feathered winged facsimile
Began to promptly melt.

What formerly held me aloft
No longer let me fly.
Beneath the formless waxen weight
I plummet from the sky.

But in the dawning of my heart
As light and warmth shone through,
I knew I weren't just falling --
I was falling now for you.

The fire in my heart burned off
The false wings of the past
Allowing what was True and present
Here to beat at last.

Then as I fell, my True Heart blazed,
The rush of wind took hold,
And in a cloud of feathered bliss
My heart's true wings unfold.

~April 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment